Interested in being a volunteer? The application form can be found HERE. Please note that only applications from preregistered attendees will be considered. Because we are a young event, we can use all the help we can get. Compensation will depend on the number of hours committed – Minimum 8 hrs during the day (may be spread over the weekend), or 4 hrs (all together) at night are able to attend the GoH/staff brunch. Twice that receive a t-shirt. Anything else is case-by-case, however “full-time” staff & volunteers who have demonstrated reliability are eligible for having registration & lodging covered the following year plus a special gift, and generally commit to one shift per day (Fri/Sat/Sun, plus chipping in for set-up/tear down).
Operations are broken down as such:
- Set-Up (moving tables & chairs, unloading supplies, etc)
- Registration (check-in, processing day passes, answering questions/providing directions)
- Security (checking badges, watching for any Code of Conduct issues)
- Hospitality (helping cook, serve, and cleanup from meals, checking on attendees)
- Health & Safety (manning first aid station, ensuring water containers are always full, chaperoning outdoor activities, helping fursuiters)
- Tear Down (moving tables & chairs, loading supplies, cleaning, etc.)
Woods Flock provides a variety of programming from group hikes to games and art activities, but If you are interested in hosting a nature/outdoor or general furry-related panel, please submit your idea HERE.